New gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder

Inactive
I'm thinking of buying a new gun.
I already have several 9mm handguns, so I was looking at handguns of different calibers or shotgun or H&K MP5. It will be mostly for just target shooting and home defense.
H&K USP 45 full size is very interesting, but I kinda want something bigger than a handgun.
Shotgun is too rough on my shoulders...etc.
But please give me your inputs.
How is MP5SF (civilian version single fire only)? Does anyone know how it differs from the MP5A3? More importantly how much would it cost?

Thanks.

If you want a genuine, select-fire H&K MP5, I suspect that the price will be close to that of a late model, low mileage, used car. A civilianized "carbine" version would probably go for around $1500. (Just a guess, but I'm sure it would be at least twice as much as a Ruger 9mm carbine).

Have you considered a semiauto 20 gauge shotgun? It wouldn't be too hard on the shoulder and you could use it for skeet, too.

I believe the only difference between the MP5A3 and the MP5SF is the trigger group. The A3 having full auto capability while the SF is single fire (semi auto). www.hecklerkoch-usa.com

I am not sure if the MP5's are still avialable to civilians. I saw one about 5 years ago at a local gun store. It was an MP5SF 9mm with the collapsible stock. Back then the price tag was $3,000. Way outta my reach! But the guy behind the counter let me hold it. Aaaahhh......drooool. Oops, sorry!

If I could find one and had the money I would definitely buy it!

------------------
I Love My Country, But I Fear My Government!

[This message has been edited by 2tapcm (edited November 11, 1999).]

There all all kinds of options for under $1000.

Ever consider:

a ruger mini 14/mini 30? cheap ammo and PLENTY of power (7.62 x 39 is like a semi auto 30-30.) 223 doesn't kick at all.

a marlin camp carbine in 45? Bigger holes than 9mm

a ruger PC 9 carbine? Uses same mags as ruger autopistols

an M1 carbine? same power as a 357, hi caps available all over the place.

NONE of those kick like a 12 guage and will NOT set you back the $3500 an HK model 94 Pre-ban would.

Or Buying a shotgun and using reduced power loads???? (slugs kick like a mule but #7 birdshot doesn't)

just some food for thought.

Dr.Rob

Another vote for the Marlin Camp Carbines and the Ruger Carbines. The Marlin C45 accepts all mil-spec 1911 magazines, and I believe the C9 takes the S&W M59 mag, but I'll have to check on that. As expected the Ruger Carbines accept Ruger pistol mags. Of course, this dual-capability only is a plus if you actually have some of those pistols. You do have a 1911, right? If not, get one. Used, of course. We don't want to give any money to a company as back-stabbing and yellow-bellied as Colt's, do we? -Kframe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back