New Gun Safe

The Rattler

I recently purchased a Reed Custom Safe through Summit Safe Company. The sell an upscale high quality safe that competes favorably with the best available, but at a lower price. They are not cheap in price, but very high quality. Check out its specs on the web site. Beside things like 7 guage steel, I was impressed with the slide out long gun racks. I suggest considering these gun safes if you are in the market.

The Summit Sace website is summitsafes.com.

Last edited:
I just saw that the Denali model is over a 1000lbs and its the small one! Take that would be robbers! Curse you for making me want to spend money!!!

Summit Safes are legit -- congrats on the purchase! (Or rather the investment, I should say.)

Part of my safety advocacy work has been toward encouraging families to keep their firearms in a safe at home ... you wouldn't believe how many still don't. I been doing some research and freelance writing for a friend of mine who runs a site on gun safes as well. It's primarily focused on consumer-grade biometric models at the moment if you want to check it out. No Summit Safes yet :)

If I got another safe it would be one I could assemble myself where I wanted it.

Such safes are made by Zanotti, Champion and Snap Safe.

Back