New gun restrictions on a national level?

Has there been any new proposed legislation on a national level since all the mass shootings have been popping up in the news this past month?

Not based on the mass shootings, but...

There are four active proposals to limit the number of gun purchases per month that have all originated from the pacific northwest where there is apparently a rogue gun purchaser that is buying up everygun he looks at!!!!!

I have a feeling the congress-critters are going to bite the bullet until after mid term elections. There has been an eerie silence, especially under the circumstances of the last few weeks.

The following firearms-related legislation has been proposed in the past month:

H.R.1074 Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act (3/16/2009)
H.R.1620 Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act of 2009 (3/19/2009)
H.R.1923 Fairness in Firearm Testing Act (4/2/2009)
S.556 Firearms Transfer Improvement Act (3/10/2009)
S.669 Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act (3/23/2009)
S.816 Preservation of the Second Amendment in National Parks and National Wildlife Refuges Act (4/2/2009)

All of the above proposed legislation is positive.

Don't think the leopard has changed its spots

That is a great story by CNN!

No, its not. All it is, is the factual reporting of some poll results. And even then they break them down by politicial affiliations.

The closest thing to great about this CNN story is that A) they ran it at all, and B) that they did not explore any possible reasoning of why support for gun control was down, and how that was a bad thing in their view.

One relatively unbiased story from CNN does not mean a shift in their attitude, or their consistant bias.

One relatively unbiased story from CNN does not mean a shift in their attitude, or their consistant bias.

CNN is that left leaning, low rated network right?

I almost turned it on the other day, but there was this really cool test pattern that i just couldnt break away from so I watched that instead

WildisitlikemsnbcorsomethingAlaska TM

Back