New gun question

Kermit

OK, I have a timing problem. I'm picking up my new USP 9 on Friday, in time to use Sat morning in an IDPA match. I was ready to go into this match with NO rounds through a new gun when someone at work tells me that I'm being pretty foolish; never go into competition w/ untested equipment. So, what do you guys think, shoot late Friday or just go for it Saturday morning?

Are you using reloaded ammo? If you are using your reloads then I would try it first. I would at least go to the range early Saturday and make sure that it is sighted in. I would also make sure that is cycles quickly. Shoot a full mag out of each mag to make sure they work. Beyond that you should be good. I think should only take you about 5 minutes anyway.

I'll be shooting factory ammo, so I think I'll be ok. I may just take the gun to an indoor range Friday night & go through 100 rounds just to get a feel for it....darn, I have to shoot a new HK :D

I was thinking about sighting it in, but for the most part, my other USPs shoot right where I point them anyway...Oh well, so I go shooting twice this week, life is rough :D

Back