New Gun Purchase Hung Up...

woodguru

I had a .22 target rifle sent to my local gunshop and can't get it because my driver's license which was renewed online before the deadline has not been issued. DMV shows my license as being curent but the gun shop refuses to start the process until they have a current license to photocopy.

DMV says three weeks on the new one, I say I have friends. I have the old license and a receipt showing it's valid.

It's irritating to say the least.

Dealing with Cali's gun laws and the DMV at the same time... you should be getting combat pay.
I hated both, and I moved.

Jim

ID troubles happen to everyone... not necessarily while buying a gun. When I first got my driver's license, the dopes at the DMV issued it listing my sex as "F." I had been wearing a beard and mustache since hitting puberty at that point. I was turned away from the DMV once because the address on my birth certificate didn't match the one on my passport. Dad was once turned away at a gun store because the ID he presented (one of his military IDs indicating a rather high clearance) had no expiration date on it.

It's a pain in the posterior, but at least it gives you something to make conversation with. Not much you can do but wait it out and hope it works the way it's supposed to in the end. Especially if the source of the trouble is the DMV... they're terrible no matter where you live!

Found out my license had expired this year when I went in to pick up a shotgun and couldn't. Fortunately, renewing in Texas is just waiting in line, then picking up your temporary license, which has your photo on it and is valid for ID. Picked up the gun a couple of hours later. :o

Back