new gun legislature

greedo

Inactive
I heard recently in the news that President Clinton is getting ready to propose some new gun legislature. This is probably in response to the recent shooting in Oklahoma. I keep on hearing about it in the news, but unfortunately Clinton is not getting into details on what measures he is endorsing exactly. He just says he wants to curb gun manufacturers from endorsing their products in wrong and harmful ways . (whatever the heck that means) Anyway, if anybody knows what the heck he is talking about, please feel free to inform me. I always get nervous when they start talking about new gun legislature. They (politicians) claim they do not want to keep Americans from their right to own firearms, but sometimes it sure looks as if that is what they are trying to do.

I think you mean legislation, not legislature, but Billy has been toying with the idea of national gun registration and laws to mandate "smart" guns, as well as a ban on guns that are too big or too small or too cheap or too expensive or something else. By throwing the weight of the federal government into the lawsuits, they hope to intimidate not only the gun makers but also the courts. Not many judges will be willing to defy Billy when a hundred armed BATF agents show up as "spectators" at a trial.

Jim

He's also been considering throwing the weight of the Federal Gov in against the gun manufacturers, in all the lawsuits. Just shows you, we need to VOTE PRO GUN or we'll all be criminals when they make guns illegal. (I ain't givin' up MY guns, no matter WHAT they do :|)
They will try, we all know it.

Hey, you all just shut up and pay your taxes. The govt. knows what's best for us. You have no rights of your own, you are mere vassals of the state.

Seriously, can you imagine what this country would be like if lying pieces of garbage like Clinton and his "wife" (like they have any kind of marriage in the normal sense) held full, unadulterated power?
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

Back