new gun??? 1911?

Status
Not open for further replies.

45acp

HEY GUYS I KNOW THIS MAY BE A HARD ON E TO ANSWER BUT HERE GOES. I HAVE A FEW EXTRA BUCKS AND WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THE COLLECTION. I HAVE MANY 1911 STYLE 45'S AND WAS THINKING OF SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I WANT THIS AUTOLOADER FOR TARGET SOLEY. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE GLOCK 34 OR 35 (COMPETITION MODELS). SIG ALSO MAKES A P220 SPORT MODEL 45. I HAVE NEVER BEEN A GLOCK FAN BUT, MAYBE THE HYPE WILL FINALLY SWAY ME.

Welcome to the Forum 45acp...

For a .45 in a 1911 model- if your not wanting to spend much more than you would for a Glock - Charles Daly has a nice one out there for about - What? 450?

Recomending a pistol is hard when we dont know you yet. What kinda carry and shooting are you in to and all that...

I am loving my Kimber and Springfields. I recomend the HK USP highly in the caliber and size of your choice.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

well i shoot ipsc with my springfields and was thinking of something a little different. i'm in the same boat that you are in kimbers and springfields.this pistol would be just shooting paper at the local pistol range.

If you want a paper puncher and if you're leaning toward Glock and if you already think you might like the G34 or G35 - go for it!

I shoot IDPA with 1911's but I toyed with several glocks (G22, G23, G35) and the G35 was AWSOME. I just couldn't make the shift for competition due to the different grip angles and trigger pulls. There are still some G24 and G24C top ends out there and they make great IPSC toys! They fit right on the G35 lower. I had a G24C top with an Optima 2000 on it - great fun!

By the way, I like the 40 caliber in the Glock so much that I have now built 2 1911's in 40! They are fantastic!

Mikey

[This message has been edited by Mikey (edited November 11, 1999).]

45ACP, stick with what you know & buy a Para!
14 + 1 of .45 aint to be sneezed at.
And you already have the spare parts.....(your "other" guns) :)
The Glocks flippin' good,
The Gkocks flippin' ugly,
I s'pose that makes it "Good 'n Ugly" or just "Fugly" ! ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

The SIG 220 has been known for its consistant accuracy, if you want to stay w/ 45ACP. If you're willing to go 9mm, I can recommend the SIG 225. I've been able to get 1" groups at 30yrds. off of a picnic table. If you like 1911s, I'd go with a SIG over a Glock. Glocks are fine handguns but:

1. Sigs are generally more consistantly accurate.

2. SIG grip angle is almost exactly like a 1911. Check the pointing characteristics of Glock before you lay the money down on the counter.

Robert

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back