New grips on the mini.

Prof Young

I've had an NAA Black Widow for a couple of months now. It's mostly just for range fun, but I've carried it around town a couple of times.

It came with the big rubberized grip and I wondered what difference a smaller grip would make. I suspected I would not shoot it as well. So I got a nice looking wood grip and installed it. (See pics below). The little dude looks a lot more cool and I was surprised that the new grips did not make much difference in how well I shot the thing.

Fun stuff.

Life is Good
Prof Young

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 128
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 131
those are some well made guns, I loved the ones I owned in the past. what's surprising is going to the minimalist grip and still being as shootable as when the larger grips were on it; I never had such luck.

I have a Sheriff with the boot grip. I also tried the birdhead magnum grip. Nice looking and lower profile.

Much, much better looking. I've never understood the desire to turn a cool looking little mini into a butt ugly "midi".
For a range toy the fun is in seeing how well you can shoot the tiny little guns.
For carry, you can get a smaller in all dimentions, lighter, more powerful, and almost twice the capacity Kel-Tec P32.

Yes and . . .

Jerrys - Well the truth is that I didn't shoot it all that well with the big rubber grips so . . . .

Cheapshooter - I have a Ket Tec P3AT that is my other pocket gun.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I have the miniest of minis. The 22 short. Strictly a fun little range toy, but interestingly I found that in a situation requiring even more discrete concealment than offered by my LCP or P32, the mini tucks right into the watch pocket of jeans.

Some of the new Mini models aren’t so “mini”. I did put a boot grip on my old Spanish Fork made magnum, but it feels twice as bulky now.
A Ranger II is high on my want list, just because they are so neat like fine jewelry.

When those things first came out, some years ago, a friend of mine won one in some kind of contest/drawing, his the mini .22 Short. First time we ever shot it he had taken it with us on a huntin trip. Coming out of the woods we gave it a try. I held it in traditional revolver manner with thumb extended. Big mistake!

The barrel/cylinder gap burned my thumb and left that gray-green burnt powder coating on my thumb! We found the best grip was to hold the gun by the grip between thumb and forefinger and press the trigger with the off hand!

Bob Wright

P.S. O.K., O.K. ~ the gap didn't burn my thumb, but the flash emitted sure did!

Last edited:
This is my mini. It's not a revolver but a heck of a lot of fun at the range. When I carry it, I just tell people that I'm a mechanic and this is my portable impact driver.

Just an FYI, this is the highly collectable version B of the real UZI mini pistol. Lots of fakes are out there and they're good enough that you have to really do your research. I have the original case, original UZI mag pouch with the 20 round mag and two 32 round mags. I also have the original Importers barcode label and manual.

d58187d0ff86113220d0cd9343cb0d34.jpg

Last edited:
Back