New grips for my Radom VIS

Dino.

After contacting SEVERAL grip manufactures and custom grip makers, only one company was willing to make a pair of grips for my Radom VIS.
That company was Hogue.

The folks at Hogue were very friendly and did a fantastic job.
I highly recommend them. :)

DSC04750.jpg

DSC04753.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

DSC04755.jpg

Beautiful job! Copies of the originals are available from several places, but they are not nearly as nice.

Jim

So what is "cool" next? The Communist hammer and sickle? A picture of Bin Laden? Carrying a copy of the Red Book or Mein Kampf?

It is one thing to accept that collectible guns can have the markings of an evil and murderous regime; it is another to go to trouble and expense to put them on a gun.

Jim

So what is "cool" next? The Communist hammer and sickle? A picture of Bin Laden? Carrying a copy of the Red Book or Mein Kampf?

It is one thing to accept that collectible guns can have the markings of an evil and murderous regime; it is another to go to trouble and expense to put them on a gun.

Jim

Jim,
What I meant was that, "aesthetically", I thought the medalions turned out pretty nice.
I'm sorry if I offended you.

Post removed.

Looks nice, had never heard of this gun, is it rare, affordable, etc? What are those controls, like a safety and a decocker or something?

Looks nice, had never heard of this gun, is it rare, affordable, etc?

Thanks SPUSCG.
The following link provides a little history of the gun.
http://cosmolineandrust.blogspot.com/2006/11/radom-vis-wz35-last-horse-pistol.html

There are several variations of the Radom VIS.
Those manufactured prior to German occupation are more "refined" and, I believe more rare, thus more expensive.

What are those controls, like a safety and a decocker or something?

The controls on my VIS include an extended slide release, decocker, and a take-down catch.
The take-down catch was ommitted on later models in an effort to speed up production during later part of WWII.

Back