New grips and new leather for an old Bulldog.

I wouldn’t feed it anything but SAAMI spec .44 special loads,
+1. My opinion too.

Nice! Where did the grips come from. I'd like to 'lose' the rubber ones that came on my Bulldog if possible.

loads

I like the Bulldog, and had an early one in the 80's. REloaded for it, and eventually shot it out of time.......I blame it on my loads.....which were not unsafe, but I'll call them serious. There is not a lot of frame/nor cylinder on the Bulldog, and mild loads are the way to go for casual shooting if you want it to last.

A little tip: I bought a Charter Bulldog when first introduced, around 1975 or so, and it was a dandy little revolver. And surprisingly accurate!

But to get the most out of the gun, I loaded .44 Russian brass, using Unique powder (memory now fails me on the exact charge) and the Speer 225 gr. half jacket bullet. The short Russian cases ejected more positively with the gun's short extractor throw.

As to its being accurate, while at the range one very cold day, with remaining snow patches here and there, I broke up a patch of snow, maybe a foot or so in diameter, with four out of five shots from my little Charter .44 Special. The snow was on the berm, 110 yards downrange.

Bob Wright

I know what you mean about accuracy Bob. I don't shoot mine quite that far, but when I am the range with it, I always attempt to shoot those far targets out 50-75 yards. I figure if I can nail them (which I usually can), the short defense distance shots will certainly be on target.

Back