New glock accessory idea

IronBalls

So as i slid an M3 light under my glock i realized we had a weaver style mount under there. So i started think of what other accessories might be cool. I got it. Have you ever seen one of those big Knights manufacturing accessory rails on a m16 type gun that allows all that stuff to be tacked on. Like those 'urban assault' build up they always put on magazine covers. Well one of the accessories used is a lower fore-grip. It attatched via (i believe) a weaver style rail. So i get the idea, that this same fore grip would just tack right onto a glock on the under mounting rail.

Voula' a hip shootable, rapid-fireable bullet sprayer. Personally i think it would be cool for a day, but doesnt make for as nice a package as the gun w/o the grip. Also, it is probably illegal. I know in CA if you want to breeth on your gun, you better check the local regs first. But for some of you in good states, check it out. May be fun with a folding stock too. I know some of the 'chaps' in the Philipenes and such who have the full-auto glocks could sure benefit from a fore grip like this too. Oh well, just a late night thought

I'd think you might want to wear a heavy glove on the front hand if you tried it, muzzel blast might be bad. Actually it's 3:26 AM here and the alarms going off in 3 hours so maybe were both just dreaming this anyway :D

Regards, Blue Duck

Too bad that putting a grip on a pistol require a C-3 stamp for AOW even in C-3 friendly states here in the US. Besides, there is a on going debate about making a new SBR w/ folding stock.

ATF tax stamp for an AOW is $200. Your Glock would then become an NFA weapon, which you can't just sell to anyone. You'd have to do the whole $200 transfer tax again just to get rid of it! BTW, if you wanted the folding stock instead, it is also $200 (Short-barrelled Rifle). In CA, just thinking about doing this conversion is probably a felony.:eek:

Sucks, doesn't it?

Blue Duck357, LMAO @ the muzzle blast thing!:D

Don't remember the site, but once I saw a device that you could use to mount a spare magazine to the accessory rails to be used as a vertical foregrip.

The same site also sold a folding stock.

I agree that they would both be cool for a day at the range, but would get old pretty quick.

Scooter's post wasn't there when I started this post. That is the site I was thinking of.

nice link, that folding stock is a daisy, but aint cheap- nor is the fine.

I can hardly wait to move, and spend a big chunk of change on a legal class 3 set up. Why mess around.

But, an auto glock, with folding stock and fore grip would sure make a great multipurpose tool. Remember those Beretta 93R's. the triburst ones with the fore grip. Thats a sweet ticket. Dream on right.

Back