New from Ruger

• Thread starter Thread starter PreserveFreedom
  • Start date Start date
P

PreserveFreedom

Either I haven't paying attention or Ruger came out with a new toy while we weren't looking. This looks like a good option for thos that want to do some light cowboy shooting without reloading, in my opinion. (Don't forget, you don't have to use Magnums.)

Look at the bottom of: http://www.ruger-firearms.com/rvnew.html

Ruger New Model Single-Six® in .32 H&R Magnum

Due to popular demand, especially from the fast-growing sport of cowboy action shooting competition, Ruger has brought back the .32 H&R Magnum caliber New Model Single-Six® single-action revolver in two new models: blued with "color case hardened finish" frame or high-gloss stainless steel. Both come with fixed sights and simulated ivory grip panels, reminiscent of our popular Vaquero® single-action revolvers. Like the original models with adjustable sights that were produced from 1984 to 1997, these two New Model variations include the exclusive Ruger transfer bar system. This patented system can help prevent accidental discharges caused by a drop or blow to the hammer.

The .32 H&R Magnum New Model Single-Six® revolvers will also handle the .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long cartridges. They provide a step upward in power from the .22 rimfire single-actions without the recoil, noise, and expense of larger centerfire magnum cartridges. These revolvers will be popular choices among single-action shooters who like a compact, lightweight single-action revolver for action shooting competition or for the trail.
So is this old news or did I find something cool? :D

dwesson445-
From looking at the pictures, my only guess is that one has a white set of grips and the other is more yellowed, but that is just a guess.

Jim Keenan-
You know you can't buy just one Ruger SA. ;) They all need partners and being a new model, you'll wanna get them numbered consecutively. :D

Back