new Franchi affinity??????s please

whitearrow

good eveing fellas.i have been wanting a semi auto shotgun mostly for dove hunting and a lil informal clay pigeon shooting with my boy. i did my research and liked the look amd feel and awsome,for me,pointability of the franchi affinity. i was looking for some advice on the best way to remove the charging handle from the bolt as you have to do this to remove the bolt for cleaning. the manual says to just pull it out. well, i ain't no weak dude and i can't budge the flippin thing. i don't wanna marr up my new shotgun but i wanna disassemble it for initial cleaning. also, i know i will need to lube the rail inside the receiver but what to use for the least wear i.e. grease,clp, etc?
thanks and any other tips on this particular shotgun would be appreciated,
eddie

Your manual should show you. If it is similar to the Beretta gas guns, you have to push the bolt face back ever so slightly so the keyhole lines up; again that is with Beretta. If you manual is unclear, possibly YT has a video.

Use oil not grease on rails or similar things that slide.

thanks fitasc. i prefer to use moly grease on my semi auto handgun rails so i was just wondering if it would transfer over to semi auto shotguns. the franchi manual is less than clear if you know what i mean. they say just pull the charging handle out of the bolt. it ain't happening for me. i just thought maybe some of you shotgun afficianados would have some time tested tricks for the franchi affinity.
thanks,
eddie

If you can't pull the handle out, wrap a string or shoe lace around and give it a tug. Like pulling out a loose tooth. They can be stiff to remove the first few times.

Do not use grease on you gun. Use a good oil like CLP, FP-10, or Militec. Use a light amount with a drop or two in each rail. Lube the shaft of the rotary bolt face and the pin it rotates on. Put a drop on the outside of the magazine tube where the recoil/bolt return spring rides. Put a few in the trigger group and spray off the excess with an air hose.

Most 3" Inertia operated field models are not the best choice for cycling lighter loads. Faster 1oz loads should be just fine but, may be a little balky for the first couple of hundred loads (break in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUl1ryShHDc

This guy uses a rag and pliers to, indeed, just pull it straight out

Found this on another forum:
Hey there, I have had my 20ga affinity for a few weeks now. To get the bolt handle out the first 5-10 times is a bit of a pain. all you need to do is lock the bolt back and give it a good wiggle and pull hard. It will be near impossible to do do it with your fingers the first few times. Get a piece of cloth or better yet thin rubber and put them in between the teeth of your favorite pliers and yank it out with the bolt held back. I know it sucks putting pliers near a new shotgun, but its no fair weather shotgun, so be brave.

thanks worc and fitasc for hanging in there with me on this. i like the idea of some para cord tied around the base of the charging handle but the leather buffered pliers might pull straighter. what do y'all think? i just don't wanna screw up a new gun well 2 new guns i guess since i bought identical 20ga and 12ga affinity's.
thanks guys,
eddie

ok fellas i utilized the worc/string method and it worked great. although on my second cleaning of the 12 ga the charging handle went sailing thru the air ha! i was trying the least instrusive path i could take. the leather wrapped pliers were on deck in case the para cord didn't do the trick. thanks for the suggestion guys. now if someone could help my get the think to pattern a bout 3" lower i'd be in business. i have a post concerning this a few up.
thanks,
eddie

First, shoot a couple of different loads to see where they pattern. Try adjusting the stock with the supplied shims and that should change your POI.

nope no dice. did that already and had absolutely no effect on poi. im already seeing no rib and just the bead/fiber optic.i used the shim that was largest on the top and narrowest on the bottom.
thanks,
eddie

Back