• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

New Forum Layout.

chucko

I didn't like it the first time I saw it. I gave it a chance, still don't like it. I feel like someone has broke into my house and moved all the furniture around.

Can we just have it back like it used to be?

Or maybe ASK us what order we'd like them in.

I'm sorry but I'm the type of guy that keeps an old pair of sneakers till there are more holes than sneaker.

Chuck

Chuck-
"Ask" you what order you'd like them in? You mean create a Steering Committee of 2,000?
I don't think so. ;)

OK, I'm asking....comments requested. Staff responsiveness optional. :)
Rich

Buck up, chuck! You'll adapt soon enough. Remember when the logo changed? ;)

I always go to General first, then Legal/Political, then the "other stuff". But once I'm inside the forums proper, I navigate the site with the "Hop To" menu at the bottom of each page, so the order of the main forums page is less important for my convenience.

So here I have to admit that I was wrong awhile ago. :o For a short time, the "Hop To" menu showed all of the forums without having to scroll down the box to get to any of them. The problem for me was that the order of the forums in the menu box was different than the the main forums page. Pretty rough! (I'm easily confused, I guess).

But now I have seen the error of my naivete, and have sacrificed many a shotshell to please the gods such that they might return the "Hop To" menu to the "No Scroll Required" configuration.

Eh...?

-boing

I must say the first time I entered and found the new format I was in shock, but I have slowly recovered. I go through most of it anyway,I just had to find what order everything was in. I ok now. Rich, it's your thang, do what'cha wanna do, I can't tell ya' who to sock-it to! sorry, flashin' back again :D

------------------
what me worry?

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited August 11, 1999).]

I like the new layout. Don't always have time to go through General & Legal and now I don't have to scroll past, full of guilt for missing a forum or two. :)

Well, just when you get used to it someone has got to chage it again.............
Oh well now let's see where did I put that sluggerville and Rich's address ;)

Hey Rich did you get my e-mail?

------------------
Tiro per divertimento, tiro per la sopravvivenza

Funny Rich...

You havnt got a bark from me over this issue...
I will remain muzzeled
:)

------------------
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

fal308,

You feel guilty for skipping a forum?
Oh, thank God. I thought I was the only one.

(SO many forums, SO little time...)

BTW, addressing guilt. (ahem) I have this large envelope right here, with your address on it. And I'm *really* gonna mail it to you. Honest!!!!! And I'll *thank you* too!

(plaintive and guilty are an ugly mixture!!)

... from Camp Woebegone...

Now we know how Helen Keller felt when somebody rearranged her furniture :)

David

------------------
NRA Life Member
It ain't my grammer, it's me tpyign!
Sometimes it is eaiser to apologize than ask permission

Well here's one vote for putting it back like it was. My computer time is limited and most days I don't get into a quarter of the forums. Heck, sometimes I don't make it in for a couple days. I've also noticed that I spend most of my time in General Discussion or Legal and Political. For me it was plumb handy to have my most used forums at the top of the page.
I have the same problem with large stores. Just about the time you get used to where everything is at, they rearrange the place.
I'll get used to it, but it is irritating.

Well, from a purely empirical point of view, the number of posts and topics should really give us an idea of what were all about. The rankings are as follows as of 8/19/99:

1. General Discussion - 17761 posts
2. Legal & Political - 12261 posts
3. Handguns & Pistolcraft - 11,775 posts
4. The Art of the Rifle - 5101 posts
5. The Smithy - 1882 posts
6. Handloading & Reloading - 1845 posts
7. Gear & Accessories - 1593 posts
8. Shotguns - 1358 posts
9. AF/CQC - 1189 posts
10. Suggestions, Q's & Feedback - 1074

I'm not giving my opinion on these, nor is this necessarily the order I think they should be in --- just the facts, ma'am.

------------------
"A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you." - Ramsay Clark

"Rights are liable to be perverted to wrongs when we are incapable of rightly exercising them." - Sarah Josepha Hale

Grayfox - Consider WEB-TV or at least a cable modem. It ain't your 'puter, its the lines. It's always the damn lines, traffic lights, exit ramps, ticket booths, bathrooms, checkout-lanes, customer services, yadda yadda... Thanks for letting me vent!

Qued-up

Back