new england rifle questions.

nedfig

30-06. Brand new. First shot out of the box, the case gets stuck in the chamber. The ejector doesn't even move. It was kicking out unfired rounds though. What is the fix. I was thinking about some flitz on a cotton buffing wheel and a dremel. Would polishing up the chamber work?

Thanks

Put some 220 grit sanding strip in a split dowel and polish the chamber with it. Won't take long...I run into this problem all the time. This should fix you up.

Polishing the chamber is a fairly drastic solution without knowing what else may be wrong. Is the ammo factory? GI? Reloads?

Other things can case case sticking besides a rough chamber. If you do decide to polish, IMHO 220 grit is too coarse. Use 600 grit to start.

Jim

It was factory Remington 150gr. Last night I cleaned the chamber with some Rem bore cleaner and a bore brush in my drill motor. Just let it spin for a few seconds. I cleaned a lot of gunk out. The chamber is shiny now. I'll be going shooting tomorrow. Find out then if it worked.

Hey Nedfig. I got an interesting email with info/link to NEF single shot web site at work today. I got a sneekin''spicion you're the daddy of that? Is I right? Huh? :)

you be's right. I did a search on the little guns and foud about 5 web sites with little information. There's gotta be more that six people out there with them. Who knows. It may be the next KTOG (over 1100 members)

Back