New Dan Wesson Pistol Pack

Stoic

Does anyone have any advice about the New Dan Wesson Pistol Pack? I am interested in the .22lr and .357mag versions. How's the quality? What are the current prices? Where are these available? No local dealer in my area stocks them or knows how to get them. Is there any advantage to the interchangeable barrels? How do the triggers compare to S&W and Ruger?

Stoic,
My advice, buy!
I think Dan Wesson's are the finest Dbl. action revolvers made.
I own 3 of them. .22, 357SM, 445SM but I do not own a pistol pack; I have thought about and will buy extra barrels one of these days.

Here is Dan Wesson's home page; you should be able to find a dealer there & retail pricing.
http://www.danwessonfirearms.com/index.htm

The advantage to the interchangeable barrels is that they are extremely accurate, and you can pick the length for the intended use, Not to mention you adjust the cylinder gap that you want.

The triggers on mine are as good or better than my S&W triggers and much better than my Rugers. Plus accuracy is much better than both.

Good luck and let us know what you get.

Dan Wesson revolvers, one of my favorite topics. My present inventory includes .22, .357, and .44 Mags in various quantities.
By all means get a Pistol Pack. I'd recommend the .357 but the .22 is great as well. (Any chance you can start your accumulation early and get both?) As to ordering one, have the shop you deal with contact Dan Wesson directly. They had/have a non-stocking dealer program. Once enrolled he should be able to order exactly what you want direct from the factory.
The triggers on the Dan Wessons are usually top notch. The gun themselves are really rugged and accurate. Dan Wesson revolvers built a very strong following and were highly regarded in IHMSA matches.
I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Take Care

I'll have to ditto...

...what the two previous esteemed gentlemen said. I love my DW .357!

Mine came as a 8" Vent rib, but I have since added a 6" VH (Vent rib, Heavy or full underlug), and a 4" VH barrels to mine. I really don't know if I would care to have all my barrel shrouds of one type or another. I like the flexability of mixing and matching (a 8"VH would be really muzzle heavy!).

Thanks for the responses on the Dan Wesson revolvers. I wish that I could look at these in my area.

Has anyone looked at the alternative barrel swapping setup by Jack Weigand? He offers a modification to your S&W 686 in .357 magnum to accept his interchangeable barrel system. All barrels are $139 retail.

http://www.jackweigand.com/

Would this be a good alternative to the Dan Wesson lineup?

How does the finish compare to the S&W revolvers? I'm trying to decide between a 629DLX and a 744.

Stoic,
I read the review of Wiegand's switch-barrel system. The 'problem' I see is that his conversion price to your customer-supplied S&W costs more than a new DW would cost!

BB,
I don't have any idea of how good the finish is on the new Dan Wessons, especially in stainless. Mine is an older blued model, and the finish on it looks as good as any other revolver out there, except for maybe my old 'royal blue' Colt Python. The 6" VH barrel and shroud assembly I have is a stainless unit (talk about weird looking on a blue-frame gun) but I couldn't beat the price ($20).

Back