NEW - CZ-452 Special ( Beech )

Tikirocker

G'day all,

Not like me to buy or own commercial rifles - but I have been spending more time shooting .22 lately and wanted something I could mount a scope on for hunting and target shooting. This is the CZ-452 American "Special", which has the beech stock - this configuration with Beech is specifically for the Australian market.

I wanted to post some pics showing how lovely the Beech furniture is ... the special is a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the walnut version of the 452 ... can't say I am missing the walnut at all!

f1fonm.jpg

2rcr6gh.jpg

2im1d9g.jpg

10f9lcg.jpg

2nibst5.jpg

240yz48.jpg

Tiki.

Not bad... I can't decide if the grain is boring, or if I kinda like it being so even and near ruler straight.
I can do without the press checkering... but then, I don't like checkering on any rifle.

All in all, a good looking CZ... but hey, aren't all CZs pretty cool. ;)

Cheers,
C

Beautiful rifle, but it pains me profusely that they aren't more readily adaptable to even basic Redfield peeps and globes.

Tikirocker, you couldn't be convinced to provide more detailed photos of that case, could you?

If the magazine was flush with the stock it would be just about perfect. That's my biggest gripe with most bolt action rimfires; that dinky little magazine sticking out. Otherwise, they're as beautiful as they're accurate.

A 452 military trainer in .17hmr with a Tech-Sights aperture is on my short list.

Funny, whenever I use that gun case for a prop it always draws comments . It is indeed a home made case - I don't have any additional images right now, but I can certainly take some of the inside and out for those interested. ;)

Tiki.

I second Aarond's comment. I'd sure like to see more pics of the case as well as the gun.

I really do appreicate the wood grain pattern of the CZ. I like walnut more. But I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat just for the originality of it. After seeing these pics, it's making me really want a CZ 452 in the future.

Help !!

Tiki
I'm having some difficulty locating this particual model, in the CZ website. By chance, could you provide the complete model number. I keep coming up with a LUX and it's your particular model that I am interested in. Thank you for your post and assist ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Pahoo,

You won't find it mate, it is a 452 American but in the Australian market only, the beech stocked version is called a 452 American Special. The rifle in this particular stock wood configuration is not available outside Australia.

Cheers, Tiki.

Life is not fair !!!

You won't find it mate, it is a 452 American but in the Australian market only,

Then perhaps they should have named it the "CZ 452 Australian Special". You are breaking my heart. .... :(

Cheers, Pahoo and;
Be Safe !!!

Pahoo,

Funny you should say that, some of the CZ literature stipulates that the 452 American is configured for both American and Australian shooters environments. For commercial reasons the rifle is called an American but it could as easily be called a 452 Australian as you say given the specificity of this model configuration to our market.

Tiki.

My Special has iron sights, what happened to yours?

The rifle is a "Special" 452 American in the Australian market ONLY ... the "Special" designation, for the Australian 452 American, is that it has a Beech stock. It is not to be confused with OTHER CZ Specials.

So ... The Australian "452 American Special", is a 452 American in a Beech stock.

Tiki.

Back