New cowboy gun for me

Beagle333

7.5" Stainless Old Model Vaquero in .44-40 'Looks well cared for. I bet this one is going to be lots of fun. :D Serial number shows made in 2000.

OMV%2044-40-1a_zpsvrm3hu8g.jpg

OMV%2044-40-2_zpsrpihmlf4.jpg

That would put the frosting on my cake fore shure.Ya dun good Beagle.I have two 45 colt Vaqueros but the 44-40 would be the tops.The one you got there is one fine lookn sixshooter.

Beagle333: I have had a pair of 7.5" SS OM Ruger Vaqueros like yours for several years now. Only mine are in 45LC and have the imitation Ivory Grips on them. And they are just great for Cowboy Action Shooting, Plinking, and for Casual long walks in the woods while out Hunting. IMHO You would be hard pressed to buy better than a Single Action Ruger. I hope You really enjoy Your New 44-40 Ruger Vaquero as much as I do mine.
ken

Congrats, looks to be in excellent condition but needs some burnt powder smudges on it ... LOL. When you taking it to the range?

It'll hit the range asap. It's mine, but I don't have it in my grubby little paws just yet. I made the down payment and now it's secured in layaway. It's not far to the range though, just out my back door. The wait just builds the anticipation. :)

I will be casting and reloading for it. I already have two .44-40s, a Navy Arms 1873 in nickel and a blued Cimarron Frontier.

Nice looking iron. I had 45 Colt large frame Vaquero Bisley pass through my hands years ago. Not sure what I traded it for but it's one of those I probably should've kept.

Back