new competition shooter

irishpete

Inactive
I just started shooting the ruger mark III competition pistol and find I am all over the target. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to hold the gun properly and squeeze the trigger

You need an instructor....

What you need is an instructor. You will save yourself $$$ and lots of headaches in the long run.

Invest and help yourself learn by an expert not some advise you get from someone a thousand miles away. Go to a local gun range and ask around. Check prices and what style they teach (some are self defense orientated and others may have a special style).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to hold the gun properly and squeeze the trigger

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the USAMU Pistol Guide in .pdf format. It will cover every thing you need as far a grip, stance, sight picture, trigger control, etc, etc.

Take a class. That sort of instruction is best given undervthecwatvhful eye if someone that can see whstvyiu are doing right and wrong. Figure it out sooner than later subtly dont burn in any bad habits.

Back