Had to trade off an old but pristine Marlin 336 to get this beauty

Attachments

• colt2.jpg
    colt2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 285
  • coltgrip2.jpg
    coltgrip2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 227
Congrats on your new revolver. Sounds like you are shooting and enjoying it.

Good way to ring out the old year.

I've seen pictures of the NRA model but didn't realize the grips actually had a cobra on then. That's pretty neat looking.

I run a similar set of Altomont aftermarket grips on my Colt Cobra. These are fine revolvers. I own a first and second series Cobra as well -- very different guns than this newer one. The earlier ones are aluminum/Colt metal framed while this new issue is more like the Colt Detective - steel.
.02. David. :)

I was just happy to see them make a revolver again.

Me too, but I wish they made the "new" Cobra with the same material they made the original-lightweight aluminum alloy. Maybe then, I might consider toting this revolver for concealed carry, self-defense reasons.

If it was a Ballard rifled Marlin I would have kept it also. I would have found another way to buy the Colt.
Those grips are super cool and if you hit a 12" steel plate at 65yards, that is super cool also, and damn good shooting.
Good luck and good shooting.

Merry Christmas.

Congrats sir! I picked up a used one this past summer and also put Altamont's on it. I am very happy with it although I miss the Beretta 21 .25 that I had to consign to pay for it. I also got a kick out of the one of the comments about keeping your Marlin. Not a good kick, though, a bad kick. You make a decision and someone immediately derides your decision and choice ... :( Such is life on the forums. Anyways, I hope you continue to be happy with it - I don't regret mine at all. I've also seen a couple of blurbs about a new King Cobra - looks similar but beefed up, in .357 and with a four-inch barrel.

Last edited:
My choice of terms wasn't the best - which I regret. The OP found a nice Colt and took time to post some pictures. Then, early in the thread, his parade is rained on - if even just a little. Getting close to entering my eighth decade, and I freely admit I'm neither wise nor smart, but I go with the old adage, which goes something like, "If you can't say something nice or constructive, then don't say anything at all." I have so few posts because I try to only comment on topics about which I have first-hand knowledge, in this case I happen to own a Cobra and like it. Otherwise, I tend to read thru the interesting posts and and exercise restraint by refraining from comments.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all results in a lotta one-sided and incomplete discussion.

If everybody agreed with every choice made on a gun forum, boring as hell.
Denis

I knew I'd take some crap for letting go and old classic Marlin 336, I love them too.
I already have several more 336's and It went to a good friend who wanted a 336 and was going to buy a new one. I would never feel right letting a buddy shoot a Remlin.

He doesn't aprecciate revolvers like I do and the Nra special edition put me over the top and It was simple math to boot.

Now I'm off to pick on Glock and Taurus owners.:)

Back