New Chinese subgun

Gabe

Got this in an email. Anyone read Chinese? My friend says this is a 9mm with 50 rounds in rotary clip, also available in a 5.8mm armor penetrator model. Action is gas operated. The mag seems to be inspired by a Russian design. The overall package seem pretty smart.

I think this gun needs to be over in the UGLY thread.:)

Only Calico (full auto type) I ever saw was in the movies. Always wanted to shoot one myself, just haven't came across any. I wonder if 100 rounds of 9mm on full auto in one long burst would damage it.

It reminds me of somewhat of the Steyr TMP.
If you go to China and fork over the bucks, I hear even a "running dog of American imperialism," can shoot these on a range near one of China's major cities. I think an article on it appeared in Guns Illustrated a few years ago.

If there is a rotary magazine above the barrel,then what is
that thing protruding from the pistol grip?A cleaning kit?
An emergency magazine so the shooter can fire the gun
when attacked during a reload?:D :rolleyes: :confused:

Judging by the looks of the chambered cartridge it`s indeed
9mm Luger.

Regards

Yeah I wondered about the grip protrusion.

The gas operation and configuration kinda reminds me of the HK MP-7 PDW. The tube magazine I think is more Russian Bizon than Calico, and it's top mounted with feed in the rear like the FN P-90. The Calico's chamber was in front of the trigger group. The safety on this thing looks awkward, a Steyr AUG type trigger might make perfect sense. Some sort of reflex sight and a transparant magazine tube would be better.

HK MP-7
hk_mp7.jpg
hk_mp7_1.jpg

Bizon
bizon.jpg

Back