New CCW permit.

ninja92

Inactive
I just received my CCW from Tennessee and noticed something funny. The CCW permit number is my TN drivers license number. Does that mean I don't have to carry both cards(at least in Tennessee)?

Morality must be taught - NOT legislated!

I have been pulled over plenty of times w/o my license on me. Depends if the cop wants to cite you or not.

------------------
Go get my gun, it's the one that says "Bad MOT%$%F*&$ER"

I'm not sure about TN, but here in North Carolina you must have both on your body when carrying. If you don't have either one, you lose your permit. Ouch!

------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Don't even go there kids. The number is the same but your PAPERS are not! You generally apply for your permit at the same place where you received your license,
THE STATE POLICE whatever ID number they have for you, SSN included, is what you get. Carry all of your papers and do not ever hand your permit over to a LEO at a traffic stop.

If the State of Tennessee did not give you a printed copy of the regulations you agreed to when you applied for your permit please get one and study it.

Hank

Check your permit and any laws that go with it. I have seen a few in Minn. and they say something to the effect that "this permit MUST be carried with other ID to be legal" or words to that.
Some states require you to show your permit to any LEO who askes you for ID and you have a firearm on you. Check it out.
Congrats on getting a permit.

Back