New Carry Gun

I bought the same for Mrs. Doc. I strongly suggest that you do not use any 357 magnum ammo. That is unless you have hands like a Gorilla. My hands still hurt from that. Nice revolver and well made.

I’ve been shooting .357 magnums (125 grain Hornady) out of the Kimber K6s and they are stout, but no problem.

Last edited:
A very shootable revolver for CCW.
I have decided airweight J frames are not for me. I like to shoot what I carry, and an airweight J Frame is not very shootable at all.
I have owned 3 SP101's over the years. My first one was a 2" 9mm I wish I had kept. The SP101 is a great small carry revolver, and this version is the top of the line.

Bob

Good gun, great company, and a fine choice in caliber. 125 gr JHP's are your friend, recoil wise (they work well and are fully controllable in my Smith M-60). I like the sights on that Ruger too. Hope it shoots well for you. Rod

Nice looking Ruger. How is the fit & finish overall, especially the fit between the yoke & frame on the front? I have a new SP in .327 Federal on order.
It is very tight on my 1993 vintage plain Jane SP .357...

9de258a4a1dac16fb7102a5c8e92e376f868248.JPG

Fit and finish are the best on any Ruger I’ve bought before....I have 7. Very happy so far, trigger is also excellent. DA feels the exact same as my Kimber K6s, SA is crisp and as light as you will get on a mass production gun.

I bought one for my Dad years ago, loved his so much I had to have one on my safe. Stopped at chigsgrips.com for buffalo horn grips and a night sight up front. Love that gun! Prices on these have jumped locally about $100 in the past 12-18 months. Used to be you couldn't find them in a case anywhere.

Great choice!

Congrats on the new Ruger!

I’ve been shooting .357 magnums (125 grain Hornady) out of the Kimber K6s and they are stout, but no problem.

Out of curiosity, why did you pick the Ruger as your carry gun over the Kimber?

Back