New Beretta Alley Cat

loknload

Anyone seen one of these yet? What are your opinions.
Beretta .32 Tip up barrel. Night sites and it comes with a pocket holster? Any thoughts on these ;)
Inquiring minds want to know :)

The absolute WORST trigger pull I've ever experienced in a handgun. Both single and double action. Very long and stiff . The sights are fine. My 2 cents.

Looks like a Tomcat with special sights and a holster.

I had two of them. Be wary until you know, for sure, that they've worked the kinks out of the design. Many, many Tomcats were real problems early in their production. (The reason I had two was that the first was replaced under warranty; also had a number of busted firing pins, even though I used a snap cap.)

(Also look at the Kel-Tec P11; its about an inch longer, a hair narrower, a little higher, and 3 oz. heavier -- but it holds 10 rounds (plus 1) of 9mm. I've had both, and much prefer the P11. The slight increase in size seems like a small price to pay for 3 extra rounds and a much more powerful round.)

I have one and love it..the trigger on the one I have is good for its intended purpose. The three people who have shot this gun have been able to knock down quarter inch steel plates at 20 yards with no problem. This using Winchester 71gr. ammo. I have 1200 rounds fired without a single failure to feed...The gun feels as tight now as the day I bought it.

I do not expect to much for a pocket defense gun..in the way of a light trigger, ..In fact I do not want a pocket gun with a light trigger..I have traded guns for that very reason. I shoot Bullseye and demand a 3Lb trigger..but it is not desired in a pocket defense pistol.

This little gun would be the one to have if a .32 is in your future, and the cost of a Walther or a Sig p232(the Grail of .32s) is a bit too high. The P32 from Kel-Tec is nice but I just could not seem to get into the gun..kinda toylike to me.

I do not dry fire the guns I use for carry very much..it just does not seem like a good thing to do..dont know why..just seems that anything which can go wrong does at least for me.

Gary

Alley Cat

Thanks for your input guys, I may have to reconsider my thoughts on this. I was thinking about a smaller handgun for summer carry and something a little hotter then my Colt .25 Vest Pocket. I think also that for what they are they seem a little pricey to me. I have also posted elsewhere about a used .32 Bersa auto. Smaller vwesion of the 83 which I own and like. Decisions, Decisions :)

Back