New Beretta a400

marine6680

It's the fiance's...

She likes the franchi 12ga we picked up last year, but it wears on her after a while. So we went looking for a 20ga, and after her going back and forth between the beretta and a benelli... Well you know what she picked.

Obligatory pic

attachment.php

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 170
I have that in 12 gauge - shoots everything.

One thing about those shims - there are two - one black plastic at the wrist and a metal one inside the butt stock. The MUST be aligned the same or you will crack the stock. The nut inside the stock uses a 13mm socket.

Clean it thoroughly before using and relube per the manual. Hint - I wipe a smear of oil on the top of the barrel extension that goes into the action also.

Great gun - my 12 eats 3/4oz and 7/8 reloads with no issues.

Bought my wife an A400 Xcel with the kickoff stock last year. Worst mistake ever, she now outshoots me.
I will say though, it has got to be the softest shooting 12ga I've ever handled.

Heard good things about these guns and looks like a decent set of stocks, why on earth do they use those weird blue recievers?

Its their target model, for clays... So a sport gun, not a hunting gun, and they decided to go blue with it. Its "Beretta blue"...

Took it out to bust some clays today... Just informal shooting at a local range.

She absolutely loves the thing.

For me, it took a bit to get used to, I have to get my cheek down lower to sight properly.

Its definitely less punishing than the 12... Very light recoil, so she can shoot it without feeling beat up. I will stick with the 12, as it fits me better.

The Indiana Gun Club is my home skeet
Range.Weekly I watch theA-400 Series
Perform abley as the successor to the great 391 Series Berettas.The A-400 will become it's own ledgend.IMHO you have the best autoloading shotgun on the market today! Break 'em all. :D

I absolutely love mine. Smurf blue it may be, but it shoots like a dream. I also use mine for upland field, e.g. dove, etc., and it works perfect. Mine does not have the kickoff, but the recoil is the least I've ever felt in a 12 gauge and it shoots crazy fast. I love it so much, I sucked it up and showed off the smurf blue at the hunting leases. This is Texas, bro - what man shows up to dove camp with a blue shotgun!?!?!?! Me! That's who! By the end of the day, nobody was lining up to criticize me. It's that good.

Back