New Benelli M4, will they let us buy them?

Correia

I just read the article out of Special Weapons about the army's new shot gun. Heavy duty Benelli, only with a new gas operation. Twin gas tubes, so it works with everything from light loads to 3 inchers. Recoil is supposed to be 30% to 50% less than the M1 super 90. It has a collapsing stock, but it takes the regular stocks also. Has a sight rail on the receiver, and is set up to use speed loaders. Carries 9 rounds.

My question is: do you think that these will be for sale to us regular folks? Collapsable stock looks uncomfortable anyway, but besides that, everything on it looks legal. Man, I want one (I'll put it on the list after the FAL and the 1911 I also want). :)

What's the matter with you!? Don't you realize that's a deadly assault weapon? Think of the children!!

Uh. Sorry. Yes, a variation will be released soon, sans collapsable stock. It will most likely come with standard non-pistolgrip stock. But...goddam! That thing is awsome!

Does anyone know if the price will be in the same ballpark as the other Benelli models? They're a top notch item, but pricey for many.

Back