New Benelli M1 Practical

thequickad

Found the "M1 Practical" in the 2000 Beneli catalog. It has a 26" compensated barrel, both military ghost-ring sights and a Picatinny rail. Oversized controls and full 9-round capacity. Does anyone know how much and where to get one? thank you!

www.lisc.net had them for something like $950-1000 a few weeks ago when I ordered my M1 Tactical. They had very good service and where able to get my gun to me in time for hunting season :) Make sure to email them for prices and wait for the reply, because they charge more over if you just call.

I have to put a good word in for LISC.

They have excellent prices for Benellis (I paid $40 more for my Nova- I wish I had known about them before I got my Benelli).

They have a lot of stuff in stock, and ship quickly.

Got my Practical a few months ago. I went through my local gun dealer who ordered direct from Benelli. After taxes, it came to ~$1180. I've seen them as low as $950 from Keifer's in PA (even considered driving out there to get it but was too late and it was sold off [live in OH]). Unless you take off the muzle break, finding a gun case can be difficult. Its the longest long gun I have. Kept off the speed feed bracket as I doubt I would normally use it. Plus it looks pretty ugly when on the gun.

------------------
- Ron V.

HKSIGWALTER, Does the muzzle break actually help to tam recoil? My M1super90 with 18" bbl will not reliably cycle 2 3/4 very light factory loads (dove&quail). Do you think the M1 Practical will require heavier loads to cycle? Maybe I should just put a long choke-tube with a muzzle break on my M1 and save a couple hundred dollars?

thank you everyone for your responses. I did leave an email to LISC for pricing but they haven't got back to me.

Yeah the Practical (at least mine) did choke on light game loads some of the time. The muzzle brake does help in recoil, but also the additional length/weight of the barrel, mag, and shells in the mag. The brake is removable and can be replaced with the included choke tubes (flush with the muzzle).

I gotta longitudinally slotted muzzle brake/full choke on my 11-87 that works OK. IIRC, I think the choke is a Rhino (threw away the package).

------------------
- Ron V.

Back