New Battles against 50 cal rifles by Waxman

Noel

There is now an attempt to demonize .50 cal rifles by Waxman in CA. He is appaled that this weapon is capable of shooting 5000 yards and has an opinion from Violence Policy Institute that it is only a matter time before a terrorist uses this to murder and kill...

He got the Scout Sniper School to prepare a video of the terminal effects of a variety of .50 cal rounds, and a GAO investigation that included ammo dealers agreeing to ship ammo to DC.

WOW what a mess...
http://www.house.gov/waxman/Guns/50/Video/video.html

[This message has been edited by Noel (edited May 03, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Noel (edited May 03, 1999).]

Yeah, I saw a big report on CNN today... Pissed me off but good.

I noticed to that the headline was "High Powered Sniper Rifles".. this is the begining of an attack on Hunting rifles.. trust me.

Also, yesterday Elizabeth Dole called for an outlawing of all bullets capable of penetrating "...soft body aromor, like our policemen wear....".

I'm glad I already have my .50......

------------------
-Essayons

Names, names, as used by gun controllers:

Hunting rifle= Long distance murder weapon
Scope sighted rifle= Sniper rifle
Handgun= Easily concealable murder weapon
Autoloading rifle= Military style semi- automatic assault rifle
Autoloading pistol= Semi-automatic assault handgun
Knife= Semi-automatic assault knife
Shotgun= Streetsweeper killer weapon firing hundreds of cop killer bullets at one time

Note the fascination of the gun controllers with murder, assault, and killing.

My definition:
Gun control advocate= Tiny minded, weak, and hate-filled individual who is able to feel powerful only when abusing and attacking others. Does not have the courage to take on others directly, so uses the law and the police to eliminate those he sees as his enemies. (See Hitler, Adolf; Stalin, Joseph; Mao Tse-Tung)

Wow. I want one. Let's see, $6000 for the M82A1A... or a house downpayment.

How about an Armalite AR-50. They list around $2300.

Now, where's that wish list? :)

Rich

Guys, if you haven't seen the video in the link Noel posted - go watch it! <a href="http://www.house.gov/waxman/Guns/50/Video/video.html">here's a link</a> for the lazy, and I'd highly recommend taking the hour (via modem) to download the T-1 version much better quality. I'd also recommend right-clicking the link and saving it to disk - you'll want to save it, if you're anything like me!

Back