New Assault Knife Ban!

Spyderman

Since Amercians today are "plagued" with the edged weapon violence "crisis", I propose an Assault Knife ban to prevent such atrosities in the future and put an end to "edged weapon violence" on our streets. The recent attacks on people such as George Harrison, formerly of the Beatles, put this "crisis" in the fore-front of the minds of the American people. We must act while this tradegy is still fresh in the minds of the general public. Immediate action such as this will prevent such acts of edged weapon violence by reducing the number of assault knives on our streets, thereby eliminating there use, since these are the edged weapons of choice by gangbangers and criminals.

The following is a list of specific knife models/manufacturers that are considered Assault Kinves and are not particularly suited to sporting use.

1. Spyderco
2. SOG
3. Hibben
4. Gerber
5. Buck

Also prohibited from private ownership would be any knife that meets the following criteria.

1. Any "consealable" knife; this includes any folding knife or other type of knife that allows the blade to be fully or partially enclosed within the handle.

2. Any knife with an irregularly serrated edge such as spyderedge or other similar designs.

3. Any knife that has a point or spike that protrudes conspicuously below the hand grip.

4. Any knife that has a guard that fully or partially covers the hand.

5. Any knife that is in excess of 7 (seven) ounces in weight.

6. Any knife which has a blade in excess of (five) inches.

7. Any knife which has a handle designed for or large enough for two handed use.

Exceptions will be granted to Law enforcement and military personnel, as well as professional meat/poultry handlers.

Any knife manufactured prior to 1900 will be excluded as having significant historical value, but will require the owner to apply and be granted at his/her own cost a "Historical Weapon" permit to be issued by the BATF.

All of the above listed Assault Knives must be relinquished through local law enforcement channels within 90 days of enactment of this law, with the exception of those owned by the previously mentioned exclusionary groups. Those in such groups must apply and be granted an Assualt Knife permit and must register their knives with the BATF.

We should also initiate a class action lawsuit against these assault knife manufacturers in order to recover damages caused by the irresponsible marketing of a dangerous and deadly product to those who intend to harm others.

Yes, this is a joke, but is makes about as much sense as most of the garbage spewed by the likes of HCI and friends.

[This message has been edited by Spyderman (edited December 30, 1999).]

Come on Spydi,

You know darn well that government bans work wonders for the public good and safety. Think aboout it, ever since the Klinton administration got that ban on rifles with attached bayonets, drive-by bayonetings have fallen right off!

Remember Bill feels your pain!

;)

heh, heh!

I've taken my Benchmade AFCK into the field
as a adjunct to hunting. Does it count?

Anyway, I was an expert witness on a case once where a gentleman stuck a paring knife into
another gentleman's chest who proceeded to drop dead. One poke stop.

If you are a BG you can go the supermarket
and buy a set of steak knives for $5.00
that will do the dead.

You laugh, but I think our TFL Aussie contingent will tell you they actually have some such nonsense on the books down under.

The $5 steak knive "loophole" will be covered under the "Junk-Blades" act. This follow-up legislation will ban all bladed weapons that fail to meet specific quality control tests as well as minimum consumer-end price points. The "Junk-Blades" act will also contain a provision for a 10-day waiting period, a national-check system to prevent sales to "undesirables", a locked storage requirement, and a new provisions to eliminate "Non-detectable assault knives" (plastic silverware), and finally a ban on private possesion of "sharpening implements" (sharpening stones, bench grinders, files, etc). It should be easy to pass this one after six months or so pass under this first ban and we can show that no improvement in "blade-related crime" has been realized, so the obvious solution would be tougher legislation is needed. Our research has shown that although this MAY have a minimal impact on the average citizen, the ability to cut steaks efficiently is nothing compared to the saftey our our children, right?
-Spyderman

[This message has been edited by Spyderman (edited December 30, 1999).]

I think that someplace on this here forum or group of forums called TFL there was/is a thread regarding the knife registration in Merry Olde England.

Run a search.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

i can "see" johnnie cochron boarding a plane for england now, maybe oj will go with him (and stay there). jf

------------------
JOIN THE NRA

Spyder well i guess that I won't own any knifes then since all the ones that I own would fall into the Assualt Knife catagory.
BTW isn't a knife that you handle with 2 hands called a sword(I would just hate to give up my new 2 handed bastard sword).
Rigid
Rigid Stainless the only knife for me.

Spyder well i guess that I won't own any knifes then since all the ones that I own would fall into the Assualt Knife catagory.
BTW isn't a knife that you handle with 2 hands called a sword(I would just hate to give up my new 2 handed bastard sword).
Rigid
Rigid Stainless the only knife for me.

------------------
If you didn't know there are 2 new Taurus areas on the web.
TaurusGuns and Taurus Forum
TaurusGuns is a mailing list that is looking for people go to http://www.onelist.com/community/TaurusGuns to find out how to suscribe
Taurus Forum is a forum that is solely decatated to Taurus firearms and related materal. go to <A HREF="http://www.taurusforum.com/
for" TARGET=_blank>http://www.taurusforum.com/
for</A> more info.
Rigid
The Sleeper Must Awaken

Spyder,

You have too much time on your hands...lol

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

The #1 sharpened assualt weapon is the screwdriver. Now if you're really gonna protect us in liberal fashion ya gotta get rid of Sears and most other stores.
Dam it's always the details isn't it!

------------------

Spydie, even though you may have a lot of time on your hands, this was the most enjoyable post I have read on here.

You forgot Ginsu and Farberware.

------------------
"Sure Shot"

What about the importation of assault kitchen knives, you know, those with the menacing black handles made by Henckels and Wustoff? Would my pre-ban Tridents appreciate in value? What about those high-capacity knife blocks. Nobody really needs more than three or four knves anyways. ;)

------------------
Don LeHue

Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats.

[This message has been edited by DonL (edited January 04, 2000).]

Back