New Artillery

mk70ss

Couldn't pass this up while at my LGS. New Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt/.45 ACP. This is a big revolver. Gun is very well fitted and has a really good DA and SA trigger, which is unusual nowadays....

Haven't shot it yet, but looking forward to it.

It's an interesting (and handsome) gun.

I'd be interested in another opinion of how you like shooting .45 ACP and .45 Colt out of it.

Good luck.

Very nice! I love mine.

Be sure to check all the chambers. If it's like any of the other .45 Rugers I own they will be tight and will need to be reamed.

If you don't have a fancy measuring tool take a .452 JHP and see if it will slide into the end of the cylinder.

Got out and put a few rounds down range. This is 10 shots at 50 yards using my range bag as a rest. Load is factory Winchester Cowboy load. 255 gr lead roundnose.

Thanks for the report. Especially the distance and the load info. Some folk forget to include this.

Have you tried any .45 ACP cartridges out it?

Really looking forward to your report as I'm kind of interested in this odd duck Redhawk.

I like it! And the barrel length, I have the same gun but in .45 Colt. Settled on 10 grains of Unique with 255 grain bullet as a very mild (for this gun) range load.

Back