new arms designs

• Thread starter Thread starter dZ
  • Start date Start date

dZ

this is the FN-P90:
FN-P90_PDWsmall.jpg

does the pistol grip extend below the action?

could a committee of firingliners design a new rifle for the next millenium?

inquiring minds...

dZ

Would something like that be importable... or does it have too many "evil" parts. Do you have a link to some more details/specs on it?

I wouldn't hold your breath. It has a special hi-cap mag that would keep it from being legal. Yes, a ten rounder could be made, but I don't think there would be a market.

The good news is that you wouldn't want one. Fighting Firearms (now defunct) did an article about the FN Five seveN (That's how they spell it, don't blame me.) It fires a low impulse 5.7 round with a plactic core. Net result is 9mm performance in an expensive, unavaliable round.

It looks neat, though. And I think the concept has merit. Sadly, I think the ATF would consider it a short rifle. But as FN has no plans for commerical sales, it won't matter.

Ugly bull-pup NO! I have a special place in my heart for the "unusual" yet best to use in combat sans the lefty, Bold statement I know but I had the chance to use one in the UK on a US/UK army exchange program. I really like them for in/out vehicles, and urban/brush combat. Losing 10"-+ is a hellva lot for quick pointing.

Just a grunt opion !!!

------------------

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense."

Haven't you guys heard? That's the new Ruger, produced by investment casting.

------------------
Yankee Doodle

I held my Glock up to the screen so it could see that thing and would feel better about the way it looks.

As ugly as it is - those who have fired it know it to be very effective...

as the window sticker says... "FEAR THIS"

"Coming through a Kicked in door near you!"

------------------
Every man Dies.
Not Every Man Truely Lives...

FREEDOM!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

OK, it's not going to win any beauty contests, but would that pistol grip setup be legal on a postban? You could keep the flashhider if it was. How about using some of these features on a brand new rifle? What else would you want on it? Let's get some new ideas going here! Remember, it's got to be postban legal, and not an NFA weapon. How about it?

The stock would be considered a thumbhole stock - so I think - yes, it would be legal... since you can only have 2 evil features... pistol grip detachable magazine etc...
This set up would be legal - if the mags were 10 rounders... are there preban FNP-90 mags out there? Doubt it.

You could set it up with a fixed magazine - that lets you open a box, pour the shells in and close it... could that let you have more than 10 rounds?

------------------
Every man Dies.
Not Every Man Truely Lives...

FREEDOM!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Now we are thinking!

the 94 ban is based on the logic of the 3 blind men and the elephant, except we have the non gunny congress describing banned features based on observation of known assault rifles:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
After September 14, 1994, no lower receiver can be completed to form a "semi-automatic" rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has two or more of the following features:

A.a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon
B.a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor (a recoil reducing device is considered acceptable)
C.a folding or telescoping stock
D.a bayonet mount
E.a grenade launcher
[/quote]

i am surprised black was not a banned feature

if we have a fixed 50- round box magazine then it can not be an assault rifle?
and we can add any features?

keeping a removable magazine then
if we have a non protruding grip like the p90
then we can add another evil feature...
i vote for a folding telescoping stock
flashhider i can live without
don't think a bull pup needs a bayonet...
(or a folding stock) is a bullpup a desirable configuration?

heres another interesting form:
oicwstripped.jpg
http://www.unsuave.com/~hkpro/oicw.htm
i don't think the OICW will be sold at Kmart though...

dZ

here is a view of the p-90s magazine

if our future rifle had a non removeable mag that held 60 rounds and it swiveled out to reload from a 20 round stripper...

too heavy?
magazine.gif

dZ

[This message has been edited by dZ (edited July 08, 1999).]

I'd like to take a step backwards and build something like the 30-40 Krag mag, a hopper that you dump ammo into and close, then it feeds like a regular mag. That would be a quick reload and you wouldn't need stripper clips. Plus, it'd be fixed and wouldn't need postban approval, so you could do whatever you want with the rest of the rifle.

Bushmaster,

Thats not a bad Idea. Hummm. It would be a bit bulkly, but very do-able, especially with a rimmed cartridge.

Chuck

Back