new ammo

mrray13

http://kineticammo.com/

My son sent me this link. Looks interesting, velocities for the 9mm upwards of 1700fps with sub 100gr projectiles. Claims of reloading life spans better then brass and no press or dies needed. And cheap.

Too good to be true?

It sure is some of the nicest looking ammo I've seen. But I'm going to let a whole bunch of other people do the Beta testing before I buy.

I signed up for email notifications. For what they are showing for prices, I'm sure I'm going to try at least one box.

Otherwise, I'm thinking along the same lines as the majority. And it is good looking for ammo..lol.

Looks pretty darn cool to me. Definitely the prettiest I have ever seen. My first thought when I watched the reloading video, though, was that if it is that easy to get the bullet into the casing, how easily would it pop out when jostled around or dropped?

Well, here we go again. Do we really need or want a self defense round that will pass through sheet metal and 3 thicknesses of 3/4 inch plywood? I guess you would if you wanted to shoot a bad guy in your neighbor's living room, from your living room (through both houses).

Well, here we go again. Do we really need or want a self defense round that will pass through sheet metal and 3 thicknesses of 3/4 inch plywood? I guess you would if you wanted to shoot a bad guy in your neighbor's living room, from your living room (through both houses).

Nope, but if it fragments like heck, stays in the body, and throws many bone fragments,then yep, might want that.

Which is why I like the .357 Sig 125gr JHP loads from DT. In my Glock 35, with Storm Lake barrel, they hit 1600 fps.

Deaf

Mike38 said:

But their self defense, ie; hollowpoint, round, the Helix states 14" of penetration with a 9mm 93gr projectile moving at 1375fps. Not exactly designed to over penetrate. And it is supposed to expand to .6", almost doubling in size.

Again, it looks to good to be true, but under $20 for 48rds of a "premium" self defense round? Yeah, I'll sample the kool-aide and see if it works as good as it looks.

As far as I can tell, this ammo isn't available yet... It doesn't appear to be in actual production. Clicking on the "products" brings up an "available soon" message and a blurb about "crowd funding".

Sounds like they would need a big investor to actually get off the ground but are trying a (rather nebulous) "crowd-funding" idea instead.

But don't take my word for it... follow their "ordering" process and see where it takes you... It's about waiting.

(Slick videos though...)

Back