NEW AGE FIREARMS. What are your opinions?

TEC9

How many of you are familar with the new S&W auto w/clear grips (Devel). It's featured in this months American Handgunner (I think)and on the cover.

Do you think with everything from the new Steyr to the Vektor, that handgun corporations are going to go down the same road as per say, computers (clear, colorful, etc....)???

I kind of like it. What do you think?

------------------
Go get me my gun, it's the one that says "Bad MOTHERF****R"

**Yawn**

Remember when guns were fine examples of the machinists' competence and not a fashion statement? EVERYTHING I go for must have some practical reason for existing and prove itself worthy beyond just being a fashion statement.

That's part of why I shoot revolvers for the most part.

handgun corporations are going to go down the same road as per say, computers (clear, colorful, etc....)???

Well, look at IPSC raceguns. Better yet, don't. Radical custom designs in any field tend to float down to the corporate design studios one way or another.

Seriously, though, gun writers get excited about everything new. Or everything that has been out for awhile that they haven't heard of. The Vektor, for example, is several years old. The ASP was a cut-down S&W with clear grip panels, and that was 20 years ago.

As for the Steyr M-series, that gun is pure function. It was designed by a shooter, and though I'm wary of some of its features, it's 180 degrees from a fashion statement.

That said, I'll amass many a gun before I move from the classics.

Function is paramount.

Who cares (yes, I know most of us care) what it looks like if it works?

Make mine Gray.....

ps I carry a 1911

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

Back