New Acquisition

Just liked the Tisas better. RIA are nice guns and seem to work great, but the Tisas seemed to have a better fit, finish, and, look for me.

Just liked the Tisas better. RIA are nice guns and seem to work great, but the Tisas seemed to have a better fit, finish, and, look for me.

Agreed there. I've been very impressed with my 3 Tisas. I've never had issues with my RIAs, but Tisas definitely have a better fit and finish, and I like the idea of the forged vs cast frame.

Tisas

I bought a used, as new Tisas a little while back and am well pleased thus far. Mine is an early import that is set up like what is now called the "Duty" model, but no rail. Round count is at 1400. Hollow points are an issue, but ball, and surprisingly, SWC feed well from the MecGar OEM mag and Wilson 47D's.

The firing pin retaining plate cracked at about 700 rds, an easy fix. The ambi safety was a bit sloppy, and the pistol had a habit of premature slide lock, all likely related to a wonky plunger tube spring. That resolved, I am still well pleased.

I bought a used, as new Tisas a little while back and am well pleased thus far. Mine is an early import that is set up like what is now called the "Duty" model, but no rail. Round count is at 1400. Hollow points are an issue, but ball, and surprisingly, SWC feed well from the MecGar OEM mag and Wilson 47D's.

The firing pin retaining plate cracked at about 700 rds, an easy fix. The ambi safety was a bit sloppy, and the pistol had a habit of premature slide lock, all likely related to a wonky plunger tube spring. That resolved, I am still well pleased.
The "Duty" was available with or without a rail.

Back