New 870 Marine Magnum One Peoblem solved.. Need advise on another

Took the stock off my Marine magnum and found an extra washer just sliding up & down the both that attaches the stock! Removed it and Voila! Strange noise now gone.
Fired a quick 20 rounds and found that sometimes after firing a round the bolt would not open to eject the spent casing, I would push the punp forward again and and back and THEN the bolt would move back and eject the shell casing. Can anyone recommend a good gunsmith to do a reliabity package to smooth out the action or is this just the usual breaking in on a new 870 Marine? Something I might look at myself?

Thanks SO much for all your help.

Ben

Did you clean the 870 before you fired it? Mine came filled with some sort of nasty grease that was pretty stickey. Well. filled may be a bad choice, but there was quite a bit of residue on the bolt and inside the chamber. In typical do as a say, not as I did fashion, I took mine right from the box to the range. I fired 10 or 15 shots, just to see how it felt, then took it home and cleaned it. It did seem to smooth out after I cleaned it. Mine is the standard 870 Express Magnum, not the Marine, but I would think Rem would treat both the same at the factory as far as packing grease.

------------------
CCW for Ohio action site.
http://www.ofcc.net

Your bolt release may have a sharp edge on it. It may just be binding. If it doesn't start to work after a couple more boxes of shells and a thorough cleaning take it to a smith or send it back to Remington to take a look at it.

Back