New 657 - Damaged??

Kobra

Everyone,

See the attached pictures of a "new" gun. Apparently S&W has poor quality control and can produce lemons like anyone else. They test-fired it to check it out but failed to notice this damage. If you notice the "ear" (for lack of the technical word) is bent back on one side of the frame directly behind the cylinder. I noticed it as soon as I began to clean it to prepare it for its upcoming 50 rds of ammo. There are no marks to indicate it was hit with something so I don't understand how it happened.

Let me know what you think. It is going back to the dealer this afternoon and hopefully a new one will be here before the end of the week.

The digital camera didn't like pictures that close but I think you can get the idea.

Don't need to see the pictures and don't freak out.

What you are noticing is an optical illusion. The way that the recoil shield is cut in the front and rounded from behind only makes it look this way. Just run a small ruler along the recoil shield and you'll see what I mean.

Or, all of my guns are bent too. :D

Robert

Would this 'ear' that you are referring to be on on the left side of the revolver? If so, it's designed with a 'bend' in it to allow for the cylinder pin to enter the frame window and compress its spring while doing so. :)

Ooops never mind the damn computer previewed one set of pictures but then loaded another totally different set.

Those is the bottom of an aluminum pot that got posted.

Anyway I am going to let a gun buddy look at it and tell me if that is right or not.

Good. I hate to send guns back.

Back