New $350 Remington 700 adl report!

afarmer

Inactive
So i went to my local academy sports here in louisiana and bought a remington 700 adl 270. $349 was hard to pass up. I bought a nikon monarch ucc 3-9x40 bdc from opticsplanet for $199. As you all know, its the 2008 version of the monarch. Same lenses, 95%. I also bought leupold medium dual dovetail rings and rem 700 bases. They were both on sale and optics planet had free shipping, and the man over the phone gave me 10% off! $215 shipped. Lapped scope rings, had scope leveled out and everything blue loctited. $600 into this gun. I am using 150 gr fusion soft points.

Field report, after break in (10 rounds cleaning + cooling in between), i started my 3 shot groups. Followed by cooling and cleaning. I was worried about the action not being glass bedded and the barrel not free floating and blah blah blah etc. 36 rounds through the gun, accurate as hell. First couple shots after cleaning are off of course. I cleaned and shot a couple more, let cool.

Last 4 shots= 3 touching each other, 1 was about 1/2" low. AMAZING. All were back to back. 4 shots within an inch and 3 could be covered with a dime. (off of sand bags, no sled) The range master couldnt believe his eyes when he saw how accurate this "cheap" gun was. I am very excited about it! Very impressed with this scope, i did insane amounts of research and for $200, nothing caught my eye besides this, not a fan of elite 3200 or fullfield II. Fusion ammo is extremely consistent. Let me know what you guys think!

Rem 700 SPS in .204

I just bought a Rem 700 in .204 ruger. Mounted a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 w/cross hairs and dot with Leupold rings and bases. Bore sighted in the back yard. Can't wait to go to the range. Prairie dogs are the mainstay of my summertime shooting.

I say to he!! with MSNBC and the folks that don't like Rem. The people I know that own Remingtons generally love them. I had a well known brand 22 hornet that would not shoot. I also have a 22-250 in that same brand and it is a tack driver. Stuff like that happens. I bought a Smith J frame 357 that would not fire correctly. I don't know what was wrong, but when I tried to show the wife, it fired perfectly and has not misfired since. Same thing. The gun was new and probably had something like a burr or flake of metal that goofed it up. :D

I would venture to say that if the basics of firearms safety ( muzzle control ) had been present at any of those "accidents" no one would have been injured ! I teach my Hunter Ed. students that a mechanical safety is a backup to safe gun handling , and to not pull the trigger with the safety on ! Neither Remington or any other maker can make their products FOOLPROOF !

The sps stock and adl seems to be the same besides the bottom feed added to the sps.

I know right after i bought it i heard all about the msnbc crap and it scared me, 4 hours of research later im very confident ill never have a problem. The 2007 and up x-mark triggers do not have problems as Remington stepped up and made a new safety mechanism in response to peoples problems. No worry with 2007+ remingtons.

Back