New 1911 owner has a holster question???

Cyric13

I plan on getting my CCW soon and needed some advice on a good IWB holster for a 1911. I need one that will stand up to hot humid weather since I live Georgia(read sweat proof holster) and one that will last a good long time(hold shape, hold gun tighly, etc...). I want a holster that has high conciliblity since when it get hot down here it gets HOT and I need to wear light material clothes. And hopefully the price is not too high.

thanks in advance, Cyric13

[This message has been edited by Cyric13 (edited January 14, 2000).]

Cyric,

I dearly love the BladeTech IWB that I have for my HK USPc. It is easy to wear, conceal, and draw from. Doesn't collapse when empty, and is very affordable. Once I get an answer to my question about fitting a Springfield Champion into one of their holsters, I'll buy two more.

Might I suggest searching The Firing Line for holsters both in this forum and further down in Gear and Accessories?

I believe that this topic has been covered many times in both areas.

HTH

------------------
**P.P.L.L.**

Cyric13,
I too live in Georgia (Atlanta). Kydex holsters would be what you need, I know others have suggested Blade Tech IWB, but Talon Tactical by Mike Benedict also make excellent IWB holsters and at cheaper price ($45 vs. $55+. Check out his website at "http://www.ohio.net/~mjb/index~1.htm"

Do not skimp on your holster; it is just as important as the gun you carry in it.

Plastic will not be affected by sweat or humidity.

I carry my 1911 in a Galco horsehide Royal Guard. It isn't plastic or cheap, but it has proven to be a superb IWB holster (although I'm normally a Sparks man).

I can recommend it.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"

I have the same needs and posted a isimilar question. You may look at the reponses on Versa Max 2 vs Blade Tech.

I have not made a decsion at this point.

hi cyric,
i'm pasting the post i just wrote on the iwb thread. your new 1911 wont do you a lick of good if you can't present it quickly with the proper grip.

(from iwb thread)
my favorite iwb holster is the braveheart by ky-tac.
skd0102.gif

why? because its a kydex holster formed on an actual gun, that DOESN'T SHIFT during the course of the day. the first grip you get is the grip you live or die with, so don't get an iwb with a propensity to start rotating back from the grip weight. i've tried many iwb leather holsters (my first pistol holster ever was a ted blocker lfi), and other iwb kydex, and the ky-tac braveheart is best i've yet to use.
best regards,
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le

Back