Nevada Gathering?

iso1

I have an idea that I'd like to try, and was wondering how many TFL members in Nevada (or any members who might like to visit Nevada for a day) might like to get together and give it a "shot".

I live in an apartment, and one of the concerns I have is over-penetration through walls. Because I know that in a high-stress situation, I'm bound to miss once or twice (at least), and with a scattergun, a few pellets are sure to miss the target. Now, I've asked around and read some posts to find out which factory loads might work best, but I'm one of those kinds of people who just has to find out for himself.

So, sometime within the next month or two, in order to satisfy my curiousity and concerns, I'm going to be building some walls using the same materials found in my apartment. I figure, just to make things easier on me, that I'll just get standard sizes of lumber and drywall, a roll of insulation, nails, and dry wall screws. Truck it all out to my shooting spot (about a 30 minute drive) and throw it all together there. Then, mark off sections using paint or magic marker, measure a few distances (like the farthest and shortest distance in the house), and start testing.

Right now, I'm only planning on building one wall. However, if anyone else would like to join in, I'll plan on building more.

I think it would be good for us to know how our preferred loads will penetrate a standard wall.

If anyone would be interested, email me, and I'll start nailing down the details of day, time, etc.

I will drive 500 miles to come and shoot for a day; of course. If it fits into my work schedule that is.

Pahrump, NV
Work in Las Vegas

I live in Reno, Nevada.

The range (open public land) is about 25 miles north of town. Worth the drive.

And I'm open to suggestions on dates/times. Right now, I'm working graveyard M-F, so early on a Saturday or Sunday is good.

I live in Las Vegas. My next business trip to northern Nevada will be mid-April. So, I propose we meet in the early morning on April 21st.

Back