Nevada CCW question

camelshark69

My XD is registered under my name and I have it on my CCW permit list on my card. My wife qualified with the same pistol and is about to send off her paperwork. My question is; is it permissable to have this pistol on both our permits? It does not list the reg # on the card issued to us so I was checking if others have done this?

Thanks

I believe you are fine. The paperwork that I was given to add certain pistol models to my license doesn't even include the serial numbers. I believe it merely an issue of whether you have qualified with that model, or not.

It doesn't even have to be the same gun. i.e., you wouldn't have to add every Glock model 19 you own to the permit. The serial numbers do not appear on the license. You can even add a borrowed gun. Or add a model with which you have qualified, but do not even own.

Yup.

As of a few years ago they dropped the serial number from the CCW license in Nevada. It now only carries make and model for a semi auto.

the blue card is no longer required to be carried with your CCW. You only have to carry proper ID.

Now here is the crux. IF you are stopped they will still probably run the gun and if your wife has it it will come back to you and not her as the registered owner. BING!

to avoid this issue, go and have her added to your blue card. LVMPD will do it for married couples.

Last edited:
Back