Nepalese Muskets

Dave Markowitz

(I didn't see much in the archives here or at THR about this topic.)

Has anyone here bought any of the muskets that were imported from Nepal a couple of years ago, and currently sold by Atlanta Cutlery and International Military Antiques? For some reason the P-1842 musket looks real interesting to me. I'd want to shoot it occasionally but only if they're safe.

Thanks.

Good luck

I have looked at gunshows and etc. but never seen one of those Nepalese in person. They put pretty pictures in their ads, but sorta imply the one you get might be a wallhanger grade. I also would like to find out what you get for your bucks on these. If they were shooters that would be cool, but I am afraid I might order a decorator or a fencepost in the end. Maybe all the nice ones have been picked out by now. I don't do mailorder surplus guns any more. Have a couple nice fence post rifles in the closet here now. Fair to middlin outside, but sewer pipe bores. Better than the ones I rejected and sent back to the surp. dealer for exchange! At least one is safe to fire, but not a shooter.

Not just the muskets...

I'd love to get either a short-lever or long-lever Martini-Henry, but to date, nobody can tell me what condition they're in. If they're just wall-hangers, I'll pass. If the bores are actually still rifled and solid, then I'd be more than happy to get one and start loading blackpowder .577-.450 rounds for it. :D

Back