Neostead Status update

Jhp147

Following up on a thread here and in Legal/Political: I E-mailed Neostead about availability of the gun in the U.S. Ann Stead replied. She said they are "urgently seeking classification" from the BATF, and will need to know this before considering U.S. sales. As soon as they find out, they will put out a sales flyer. Estimated cost is $1000.

Thanks for checking. $1000 seems steep, but I can almost guarentee that you would be the only one at the range with one, and everybody else would want to come over to look at it. :D

i guess i'll have to hold off getting a dressed-out 870 and pray for the neostead. i agree with george hill, a "combat" shotgun for <1k is reasonable ;) they might even have a LEO discount.

if they import them i definately want one :cool:

Neostead review

Seems like Peter Kokalis did a review on the weapon quite some time ago in SOF, but I'm not sure. He is quoted making a comment about it on the Neostead site. Maybe somebody can recall when or has a back issue, Incursion. I like the looks but will let somebody else find out the bugs for the first couple of years. As stated, a grand will buy an 870 with everything I want on it and have 400 left for ammo, or at least to start saving for another pistol.

Kokalis did an article on it in the discontinued 'Fighting Firearms' (Fall of 1994) magazine, and his praise of the Neostead was glowing. As stated in his test and evaluation summary:
Developed as a fighting shotgun. Compact, bullpup configuration. Revolutionary operating and feed mechanisms. High hit probability with maximum reduction of perceived recoil. An impressive, brilliant design destined for dominance in the field of combat shotguns (11).
I too hope that the Neostead reaches American shores and not as a 'Military/Law Enforcement only' firearm.

Back