Nelson shoulder holster -- anyone have one?

I've had AE Nelson belt scabbards and one they call a beavertail (kind of a paddle) but not any shoulder gear. I have used their duty equipment and all seems to be of high quality and is durable. The dye they use stinks for a week or so and then you are either use to it or it goes away.

Anyway its good stuff.

Hey Mike,

I use a Nelson leather #56 shoulder rig for my ParaOrd "limited" .45 I love this holster! I am a very large man and actually went down to the Nelson shop in Scio, to be custom-fitted. Those folks couldnt have been nicer and were very attentive to my wishes. The owner traced the outline of my gun and sketched the hammer length to get the safety strap just perfect. I have found the holster to be very comfortable and would buy one again. My one and only complaint is that I wish I would have asked for some-kind-of tie downs to give the holster some more stability for when I have to move very fast. I plan on contacting Nelson in the next month so that I can get my Recon Tanto incorporated into the holster, on the spare double mag side. good luck to you!

michael

Urban,

That's exactly the kind of user feedback I'm looking for. Thanks!

I'm seriously thinking of having one made for my Kahk K9 for winter carry, with a 2-offside mag pouch.

Mike - There has been no problem with the AE Nelson holsters staining anything. The dye does not run. The holster will stink when new but that goes away in a short time. Nelson makes good stuff, I would buy from them again without hesitation. Their prices aren't bad either.

Back