NEF/H&R shotgun

green_MTman

i took a H&R 12 gauge camping this pat weekend.i noticed the the stock and barrel dont line up right.

the left side of the barrel does not kiss the the wood stock and the area where the blued steel name engraving and such part is out of alignment with the steel
part that conects to the barrel.

nothing on the gun is unscrewable and it looks like you need a special tool to disasemble the shot.

not sure how it shoots because i dont practice shotgunning only rifle shooting.we brought this 12 gauge with 000 buck as a inside 10 feet bear defense gun.i dont hunt birds so i dont fire my shotguns

Any gun you plan to use for defense needs to be shot to ensure function and to ensure YOU know how to use it. You won't get any practice shots in real life. And a single shot is not the best choice. You obviously don't lack confidence. The gun probably works fine.

if i was in alaska a .338 mag or a fast handling 45-70 or .450 marlin lever gun would be good.

in vermont im confident in a single shot.

but thats not the point,what is wrong with my gun why is it out of alignment.that is what i want to know

Back