Needed some .45s

Beagle333

Today, I whipped out the Accurate 454260K mold and made a pile of nice soft 80/20 flashing/WW bullets. I'm expecting my Colt Peacemaker clone next week and I didn't have any .45s cast.:)
I bought the mold used, but here's a pic of it before I cleaned it up.

Tomold002_zps0806cad8.jpg

And the bullets:
accurate45006_zps3e5b79bb.jpg

I made a pile of 'em! The mold was casting almost by itself. Accurate makes a really nice mold.
Accurate45_zps66a3371e.jpg

I also made another pile of the Accurate 359162V for the .357 and tomorrow I'll be powdercoating all of today's casting.
80percent_zpsfc09c9d2.jpg

Hey, now your your cookin!

What is the weight on those 260's? Ya know I picked up that 45-280C and those have proven to be really great shooters but they drop around 290'fish with my alloy. Also they are a full .454" before I run them through the sizer. They sure do look mean and fill up the mouths in the cylinder chambers.

I bet those you got there would rock over some AA-5 or 7.

What is the weight on those 260's?
My 5-0-5 says 260.1, amazingly. I guess whoever ordered it new specified an alloy that casts the same as 80% pure lead.

Ya know I picked up that 45-280C
Yeah.... I know. :mad::p

I would use AA or something close, but the LGS has no powders yet. I only got RedDot and Unique on hand. That's it for powder at the moment. But plenty good enough for my cowboy shooting. :)

Line em up..... Spray em down....
lined-up_zps8a2d4b7e.jpg

20 minutes later.... Bring on yer Zombies!
green_zps76f1defd.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how they shoot yet. I don't have a .45 ;)

My apologies if you are tired of the zombie thing. This is the last of my green paint anyway. :cool:

I mixed the blue with the rest of the green. 'Interesting speckled pattern on this batch.
blue-gr_zps0874d7fb.jpg

Here's a closer shot.... it shows how the powder swirls around and gets under the base while the bullet is sitting on the little nut. It coats the sides and down onto the base pretty well. I'm not bothered by the entire base not getting coated, because I believe this is just friction protection and I do not think it is needed on the centers of the base. Some of my lighter-coated piglet (tumbled) bullets only have coating on the outside of the driving bands and they will run pretty fast without any problems.
accurate45003_zps53f648bb.jpg

Back