• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Need your help!

50of4064

I Tried to up load a photo on a new thread I started today in " the art of the rifle", checked the restrictions ( photo is jpg 87.5 KB ) opened thread and submitted upload, waited....... done....closed manage attachment window...
finished typing text.... submitted.... it posted.... but no attachment that I can tell posted with it. What am I doing wrong. can you help me?

Last edited:
I looked, you have no attachments. Somehow it failed to transfer to TFL. You might want to try it again.

There are two "Submit Reply" buttons. Be sure you are using the lower one - the one associated with Additional Options. I've seen instances where the upper one doesn't see the Options selected including attachments. I think it's browser specific.

still no photo posts

Up load rejected due to no security token. so for now no photos, thanks for all the help.
" Ain't nothing to it, except to shoot it."

You appear to be running firefox, right? Can you start it in safe mode and check to see if that solves your image upload problem? In the start menu group for Mozilla FF there will be a normal "Firefox" and then a "Firefox (safe mode)". That disables all extensions, which might be causing problems.

Imageshack or photobucket is a better overall solution for images on the web.

Are you using any software firewalls? Any http proxies?

We've gotten scattered reports of security token problems but I can't see what could be causing them.

this dog just wont hunt!

thank you for your help, tried it in safe mode but no go, think this dog is an egg sucker and the photos are not that important. love your site and keep on giving us the best!!

thank's again everyone,

Dennis

Back