Need UZI Pistol Info

George F

My gun club has a used UZI pistol in .40 caliber for sale. I never knew UZI made handguns. Does anyone know anything about them? Can't seem to find an UZI website, is there one out there?

I believe they were imported for about 10 years (don't quote me on that)- they were banned in 1989. They are definitely neat looking, and will get attention at the range-but they are nothing great to shoot. I would get one to collect, if I were to buy a pistol (had a Uzi A carbine, sold it).
These days, I have seen them for $950-$1200 NIB- as a matter of fact there are a few right now on Bowers non NFA board- they are around $950 (one is LNIB, the other is NIB). The reason they aren't $2000-$2500 (like the mini Carbine) is that Uzi imported quite a few pistols (where HK imported something like 3000 SP89's)- which is why they go for about $2800. Hope this helps.

I dont know if ur talking about the Uzi/Baby Eagle pistol. As far as I know they were being imported by Magnum Research. They used to be made by ISI(Israeli Military industries). The feel is similar to a CZ75
but external appearance is similar to that of a Desert Eagle hence the name BabyEagle.
they are now called UZI Eagles.

Back