75.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 98
  • q.JPG
    q.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 87
MVC-0015F-red-8-6-2006.JPG

There's all kinds of ligthening cuts that can be done to the slide, these two have a scalloped cut rear on top of the slide.
What's your intended use for the gun? If you are just using it for USPSA/IPSC I would add a sidewinder slide racker and call it good.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

2-14-2004-f.jpg

The gun on the right was set-up to shoot steel matches. It has the scallop cut on the rear of the slide, slots milled in the side of the slide, a dozen quater inch holes milled into the spring tunnel of the slide and some internal cuts done to the slide. The slide is light and fast on this one.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

If you are a new shooter and this gun is new to you, I'd recommend that you shoot it (a lot) before modifying anything. Everyone's preferences are different, and you may find that you like a heavier gun. They tend to shoot flatter and make it easier to follow the sights, or in your case dot.

The big advantages of a lightened slide are that the gun cycles faster and transitions from one target to the next are faster. These are 2 things that shave off a few hundredths of a second and really only make a big difference for shooters that are very experienced and have all of the fundamentals absolutely down.

Before I make any modification to my competition guns, I ask myself two questions: Will this give me a significant advantage? Will this make shooting or practicing easier?

Here's another view of the 9mm open gun that was built for shooting steel matches. Steel matches are pure speed so you want a light and fast gun.
Keep in mind that a light gun starts faster and stops faster, in speed events this is very important.
This pictuer you will get a much better view of the scallop cut at the top rear of the slide.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

2-14-2004-b.jpg

hmm i like the holes in the slide and in the stabilizers part hmm the holes at the stabilizer part whats size? per hole.. how many cm?

well my problem is the barrel part i remove the corrogation at the slide hmm.. can you give me hmm.. do you have any idea sir how to make it lighten and cool?

2-14-2004-e.jpg

Here's another view of the 9mm steel gun. In the spring tunnel is 12 holes that's 0.250 in diameter, I also fabricated a special spring plug so the holes would not be blocked by using a longer plug.
The holes in the spring tunnel along with the slots in the slide allow a good deal of heat from the barrel to escape plus making the slide to cycle faster.
Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Back