Need suggestions for new Semi-Auto in the $450-$600 range please

Redsnake97

I'm looking to get a new or used 12 gauge Semi-Auto for price range stated and would love some recommendations. This is going to be a multi-purpose hunting gun for ducks, turkey and goose. I'd like it to be able to handle 2-3/4" and 3" loads. Doesn't have to be the prettiest gun as I'm going to be lugging it in and out of water, mud, and whatever else I come into contact with. I'm thinking about Remington 11-87 right now... but not sure of others. Any suggestions? Locations to buy?

I appreciate all suggestions.

Go to Walmart and look at the Beretta 390. They run in the neighborhood of $540 or so, and are the most reliable, softest shooting field grade auto on the market, IMHO.

Bud

I'd second the Beretta 390. Because Beretta has moved to the 391, the 390 which is essentially the same gun may be available at discount.

The Remington semis are good too but remember to carry spare o-rings. I watched a shooter quit half way through a sporting clay round last weekend because he didn't have an extra.

It's hard to beat a Remington. I have an 11-87 Special Purpose that I've waterfowled with for 8 or 9 years. No problems.

Back