Need Spotting Scope Info

ColinM

Inactive
I'm new to smallbore silhouette and target shooting and need to purchase a decent spotting scope. I want to find out what people have experienced with "straight" and 45 degree angle eyepiece scopes and what types of scopes they have and prefer. I am currently looking at a Bushnell compact Trophy Scope 20-50x by 50mm. Thanks for the help.

I have the Leupold 15x40 power spotting scope. When their scopes fail them, folks come to my bench to look at their targets.

There is a Russian Spotting Scope that was mentioned here a few times in the past that was about 40 power and sold for around $79 or so.

It's supposed to be a great scope for the price but I don't recall the name of the Scope or the outfit selling them.

Anybody know?:confused:

If you're gonna use the scope for hunting as well as spotting at the range, get the straight eyepiece. Easier to set up on a tripod, and if you're trying to judge something with good eyesight like a sheep, you can keep a lower profile.

I think the pure target shooters prefer the 45 degree eyepice, from what I've seen.

My spotter is a B&L Elite 15-45x90. Had it for years, I like it. The Leupolds are top-notch as well.

Tapco. www.tapco.com a 20-50X-50mm Russian spotting scope with tripod and case, made by Sibir optics.

I have ordered it and hope to have it in a few weeks...I like Russian optics, better than China's.

If anybody knows where I can get a Russian PO 3.5X scope I'm intrested in buying.

Back